Sunday, September 18, 2011

Our Amazing Body

You may think by the context and title of this blog that I am referring to a physical body- But no! I’m talking about YOU! - The body of Christ.
SInce Robert and I have “gone public” about this present storm in our lives, not only has my own body responded with some tears, sleeplessness, fatigue and anxiety- But you, the church have responded with cards, prayers, txts, gifts...and all at just the perfect time.
Like our human bodies, The body of Christ is a unique, amazing and intricate system of 
“cells”, “vessels” and “organs” that function together to keep us running smoothly.
These parts operate most times without us even knowing. It’s just what they are designed to do to keep us healthy and ward off anything that would be an imminent threat. We Christians don’t need a list or a book to tell us how to respond when one of us is falling, failing or frail. We are intrinsically connected to one another with an indestructible bond....the blood of Jesus.
Truly “...if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it....” 1 Cor. 12:26
Have you ever had a person’s name come to mind that you just can’t stop thinking about? Maybe its accompanied with a stirring feeling in the pit of your stomach . Perhaps you’ve heard of a trial someone is encountering and you feel a pull at your heart to help that sister or brother in some practical way.
Or has a verse ever come to mind as you are thinking or praying for someone? Or leaps off the page as you are reading?
I believe these are our calls to action.
The Holy Spirit is faithfully sending out the signals to the first responders, crisis interveners and nervous system calmer’s!
We are being nudged to pray- prayer cells! Or to be the hands and feet of Jesus as we walk into another’s situation and reach out to aid and comfort.
And you’re calming anxious hearts with the sureness and stability of His unchanging, powerful Word as you speak it and send it.
It hard to understand just how much responding to these holy nudges impact another’s life......until you are on the receiving end.
Finding the words to express how much I appreciate all the strength, encouragement and support that has come my way by you,” just doing what you do” is difficult. For all of you who are...”just” praying, ”just” txting, have ”just” sent a scripture or note of encouragement, or have “just” offered to help in any way possible -”Thank you”  just doesn’t seem enough. 
It’s my hope and prayer that God who knows you intimately will bless you incredibly and pay you back in ways I never could.
And that we would all keep faithfully answering those calls.......
“Therefore comfort each other and edify one another, just as you also are doing.” 
1 Thess. 5:11

12 comments:

  1. <3 <3 <3


    Romans 12:15
    Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, You are on my heart and in my prayers often. I'm so thankful for the example of Godliness you demonstrate in marriage and service and I'm so thankful for the friendship I have with your beautiful daughter. I too desire that greater sensitivity to the Spirit...and, as we obey, He scoops us up in His hands and carries us that direction. May He fill you with peace and visions for your next endeavors! A favorite verse of mine says that He WILL fulfill His purpose for me and for you, and I KNOW He will! Psalm 138:8 :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly...you are such a beautiful example of GRACE! I love our church body...our first responders. I am so thankful you've been blessed!!!
    "But I will hope continually, and praise you yet more and more." Psalm 71:14
    So..we wait on the Lord!
    Love ya mucho!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband and I recently relocated to Pasadena. We attended Calvary Tucson for ten years and still are"friends" with Calvary on facebook, that is how I came across your blog yesterday. I just wanted you to know that prayers are going up for you all over the country since I put you on my family's prayer chain. You are not alone. This blog is a great way to let us know how to pray for you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa, when I wake up at night, I always pray for you. If you need anything, we are more than willing to help you and Robert. Love you, JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa, we've been praying for you. Stay strong and stay positive! Love you, Hermanita!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lisa, so sorry to hear the news. I am a cancer survivor myself and now going thru my re occurrence of breast cancer. God is so good he will bring you thru this. Prayers your way sista in Jesus name love Irma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lisa, so sorry to hear the news. I am a cancer survivor myself and now going thru my re occurrence of breast cancer. God is so good he will bring you thru this. Prayers your way sista in Jesus name love Irma

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful prose and very thoughful. We will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so blessed to be part of our amazing Church Body. God has and will continue to bring new people into your life to help you through this all. Thank you for again your courage throughout these past weeks. <3 Ya Doll

    ReplyDelete